Sunday, September 7, 2008

The calm after the storm passes

Well, Hanna passes by my little corner of the world. Whew!

It's surprising to me, now that the rush of preparation is over, how tired I am! God gave us this wonderful gift called adrenaline, that enables us to keep going and going when necessary.

Not only am I tired, but I seem to have lost my sense of direction. Yesterday I woke up without a single notion of what I wanted to accomplish! I decided, with the help of a dear friend, to make it a day of recreation. Have you ever heard that word explained as "re-creation"? My friend and I ate a healthy breakfast together, and then got ourselves to the beach. Hanna left many gifts of shells on the beach. We enjoyed treasure-hunting!

Later that evening, I watched a movie I would definitely recommend for those who enjoy a good character-driven drama. It's called "Autumn Hearts -- a new beginning".

All in all, I feel ready to start the week, with prayers on my lips for all of those who may now be facing Hurricane Ike.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Glad it only dealt a glancing blow Evelyn and that your weekend was full of fun and treasure hunting. Indeed, Ike seems the one to watch and I fear that if it's headed for NO, people won't leave since Gustav was not as bad as they thought it might be.

Heather said...

I'm glad the hurricane didn't do much damage! Been in prayer. A day at the beach looking for treasure sounds so relaxing!