I've been in that proverbial, not-so-fun place called "between a rock and a hard place".
With perseverence, hope, prayers, and lots of support, I'm getting closer and closer to the edge of this difficult place! The view on the other side is breathtaking, too.
Here's a sampling of the things I've learned lately:
- Not all surprises in life are wonderful.
- Sometimes even the closest of friendships can come apart at the seams.
- I CAN deal with difficulties, without running to food or another "drug of choice" for solace.
- I've learned how to use a power drill........ and learned how to ask the nice folks at Home Depot for help. They may laugh later, but they didn't laugh at me to my face!
- I can cry in front of a friend, and she'll be OK with that!
- Even (or maybe ESPECIALLY) when facing big obstacles, it's important to allow myself some rest.
- I don't have to face my problems alone, and it's OK to not have all of the answers.
- "Be still and know that I am God" is a Bible verse that is easier said than done.
- When I do manage to be still and trust in God, I wonder "why didn't I do this sooner?"!