Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's all worth it in the end!

Inspired by Daisybug's poetry, along with her pictures of her laughing baby boy HERE ,
I'm feeling gratitude today for my grown son.
He, too, was a sweet, laughing baby once.
Then, he became a shy, but happy little boy.
Then, sometime during adolescence, the nightmare began.
I know now that the nightmare is called marijuana, which led to, oh so many other problems.
During those years, I was the crazy mother who tried EVERYTHING to make things right, only nothing worked.
Even a month at an expensive treatment center didn't seem to work.
Then, as he turned 18, he found himself in a court-ordered outpatient alcohol program....... and he turned his life around.
Now, at 21, he's a hardworking, polite, fun-to-be-around young man......... and yes, I'm proud.

Yes, it's all worth it in the end!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Evelyn - I worry about that all.the.time... yikes. I am honored that you felt inspired by my little poem. Thanks for stopping by.

Jayne said...

Whew! Praise be! :c) So glad he found his way.