Thursday, September 10, 2009

A candle of the Spirit

Found at Reverent Irreverence (along with a beach picture beautiful enough so that I can feel the sand between my toes, and a few posts down, a recipe for Vicar's Chicken that I will absolutely HAVE to try!)

Give me a candle of the Spirit, O God, as I go down into the deeps of my being. Show me the hidden things, the creatures of my dreams, the storehouse of forgotten memories and hurts. Take me down to the spring of my life, and tell me my nature and my name. Give me freedom to grow, so that I may become that self, the seed of which you planted in me at my making. Out of the deeps I cry to you, O God.” --Prayer at night by Jim Cotter

I do need a candle of the Spirit today. My life has been so full of changes and challenges! For now, rest is just what I need. Have you ever thought about the difference between "sleep" and "rest"? There are some mornings when I feel like I've worked all night, even though I've slept.

Praying for peace and rest for each of us. . .

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Big difference between sleep and rest, isn't there? :c) Wishing you peace and rest my friend. Have missed you here.

altar ego said...

Glad you stopped by on my blog, and I happily share anything there with others (thanks for the link back). Blessings to you as you navigate change and challenge. May your spirit be full of light.

ROBERTA said...

that is a beautiful prayer.