Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A song to sing

I bought a Mary Engelbreit desk calendar yesterday, with a quote for each week along with her sweet artwork.

This week's quote is a Chinese proverb: "A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." What a beautiful thought, especially for these days when there are so many more questions than answers.

I wonder if it's a "coincidence" that I woke up this morning with a song in my heart and on my lips! What a wonderful way to start my day.

This evening my son's cat gave birth to kittens, and this was the first time I've seen a birth (except for my own children, of course!)..... what a joy!

Soon, of course, we'll have the not-so-easy task of finding homes for the kittens. Meanwhile, this should become quite a lively household!

Have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: