Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choose Life........


No, this is not a post about the "pro-life vs. pro-choice" debate!
This is about CHOOSING the thoughts, attitudes, and actions that will bring LIFE to my little corner of the world.
I received these little "Live, Love, Laugh" vases as a Christmas gift. Today I finally took a few moments to buy silk flowers for the vases, and display them on my kitchen table.
Every once in a while a phrase in a Sunday sermon reaches out and grabs me, and stays with me all week. This was one of those Sundays. "Choose life" was the phrase that has captured my imagination. If my thoughts, words, and actions reflect love....... love for God, for MYSELF (why is that often so hard?), and for others...... then I'm making a choice for life..... abundant life. No, not the abundance of money and THINGS, but an abundance of inner joy, peace, and yes..... laughter.
Just for today, I'll choose life.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

It truly is whatever we make it, isn't it? We get to choose each and every day where our focus will be. What a gift! Love the vases!

Unknown said...

Awesome content! :) Eu também tenho um blog sobre fotografia, se quiseres podes dar uma olhadela. ^^ www.diogophoto.com / www.diogophoto.com/sobremim

Unknown said...

Amen, dear.

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague