Friday, April 24, 2009

Falling, and getting back up

Every once in a while, I feel myself falling into the "blahs". That happened today, and writing this poem helped!

Feeling
Anxious,
Lonely,
Listless,
Irritable --
Needing
Grace......

Say to myself
This doesn't have to be!
Own your anger;
Put it in its place!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make room for God's grace
OUT with guilt and with shame
Vent your true feelings, then
In no time at all
New energy returns
Giving joy with each step

Oh, may I remember this little rhyme
Next time my emotions are on the decline!




Anger is one emotion I just don't want to face! I learned early on that the only safe thing was to turn it inward onto myself. I hope I can remember this poem, and stop the insanity!











4 comments:

Jayne said...

What a great poem Evelyn. Anger is an emotion that is hard to bear, isn't it? I used to eat mine, and now, I have to feel it and deal with the fallout, but it's infinitely more freeing and helpful.

Evelyn said...

Your comment makes me think of Alice in Wonderland....... eating the things marked "EAT ME"..... and oh, how unmanageable her life became!

It's always a joy to have you stop by, Jayne.

Hope said...

Anger was the only emotion I could do well. It came easily. What was hard was to look under the surface for the feeling....which was usually fear of some kind. That's what sparked my anger. So now I ask myself (when I remember) what am I afraid of? What is my fear?
That makes anger a much less scary thing when I know it's a sign that I'm afraid.

Just Be Real said...

Evelyn appreciate your blog also. Thank you for sharing and being honest! Blessings!