Today, I'm trying not to focus on the love that I don't have (even as I sit here in tears). Today, I'm asking God for healing for the broken parts of me that have such a hard time accepting love.
I'm learning that "trying NOT to do something" just doesn't work. If you don't believe me, well then take a moment and ask yourself NOT to think of the color purple. It just simply brings purple into my thoughts more and more!
For today, where is love in my life?
- Christ's love is always present, as he says "behold, I stand at the door and knock"........ today I'll open the door to my heart.
- As I remember the agony of all of the Valentine's Days at work, seeing all of the flowers on others' desks............ I choose to remember with gratitude the co-worker who placed a small plant on my desk one year........... Ginnie, you're an angel.
- I've been blessed with a group of friends, and our friendship is a gift indeed, whatever is happening in our lives.
- My children.......... both my daughter who freely shows her love, and my son, whose love is there, though often hidden behind the young macho man image!
- The plentiful pets in my house at the moment: my sweet older dog Megan, who now needs help getting up in the bed with me; Midnight, the cat whom my children found wandering the street as a kitten; Midnight's FOUR six-week-old kittens; Ronnie, my daughter's new rambuncious puppy.
- My two sisters, who are an inspiration and a strength to me, across the miles.
- My niece Kate, and her two adorable children! They have moved closer to me (it only takes 5 1/2 hours to drive to see her!), and we're discovering a new, richer relationship
So, today I'm celebrating a different kind of Valentine's Day. Love is all around me, and that's what I'm celebrating today! Oh, and yes, I AM grateful that just for this year, it is SATURDAY, so I don't have the challenge of all of the flowers delivered to others at work! :~)
Happy Valentine's Day!