Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Of college and mountains

Oh, can you see my distress at having neglected this blog for OVER 2 WEEKS!

I just returned from a retreat at Colorado Springs, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER now!

The beauty of the mountains, and especially the "Garden of the Gods", just took my breath away! (The altitude took my breath away a little, too).

So........ let's see what's happened since I last posted! The clock is ticking towards August 16, when my daughter Cindy moves into the college dorm. I'm SO excited for her! We've been to orientation, bought a laptop computer and a "twin XL" sheet and comforter set. She's broken off with her boyfriend, and seems to be just having a great time right now!

As for me, I'm just thrilled to have taken the leap and headed off across the country all on my own! I even did some hiking at the Garden of the Gods. I kind young man took a picture of me on the trail.............. and I have proof that I really did it!

Now, if I could just learn how to post pictures on the blog...................... sigh.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

We've missed you Evelyn! Sounds like you had a wonderfully restorative time though, and that's great!

Evelyn said...

Thank you Jayne!
Now, back to the "real world". :~)

Heather said...

Colorado is a great place for retreat! I used to live in Colorado Springs, believe it or not! I went down for Bible College there - what a great city. It's neat to think of you where I lived. Garden of the Gods IS neat.